Remember the days when doctors did house calls? Neither did we—until now. Over the last…
Boosting Employee Engagement a During the Covid-19 Crisis
Uncertainty is at an all-time high, as we experience a complete disruption in our homes and workplaces. There’s no quick fix. The best thing we as leaders can do is “lean in”. Be proactive with your employee listening, empathize with their concerns, communicate frequently and confidently, and be flexible and supportive to meet their needs.
Tips to keep your employees engaged and moral up during this time
Virtual Team Bonding
Small doses of team bonding throughout the week can also boost your employees moral. Allocate 5 minutes of your weekly team meeting to discuss book suggestions or binge-worthy Netflix shows so that your employees can bounce quarantine ideas off each other.
Provide Equipment Needed to Work from Home
Ask your employees about their current work from home set up. Encourage employees to work when they are most productive and take time to get fresh air and to take care of their mental health. See what you can do to provide any missing equipment that could improve their remote-work experience.
Ideas to keep your employees connected and engaged while not in the office
- Set up casual slack channels that are dedicated to socializing.
- Use Slack app Donut to pair employees up for coffee and lunch hangouts.
- Set up cross-departmental lunches via video conferencing.
- Encourage live working sessions, where you work “separately but together” via Zoom or Teams, to enhance productivity and joint projects.
- Schedule weekly (virtual) happy hours and lunch-and-learn sessions.
Bare minimum office essentials should include:
- Computer equipment: laptops, monitors, printers, stands, and accessories.
- Office furniture: desks, ergonomic chairs, good lighting.
- Essential software and access to necessary files.
It’s important for us to be connected.
Friend us on Facebook!
This Post Has 0 Comments