Updated May 21, 2019
We are Sunflower Benefits Group located in Overland Park, Kansas (referred to as “us”, “our”, “we”, or “Company”).
Information and Digital Properties Outside the Scope of this Policy
Please also note:
1. Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information about visitors to the Website, interactions with our Company, and/or users of our Services. We may collect this information either directly when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Website or in your communications with our Company. Here are the categories of information we may, from time to time, collect:
(a) Personally Identifiable Information. “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name or email address.
- Voluntarily Provided Information. We will collect and process such data about you when you voluntarily provide us with that data (and therefore consent to our collection of such data), such as when you register for a Service, subscribe to a newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us any other type of communication. When ordering products or services on the Website, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information. WE PROCESS CREDIT CARDS AND RELATED INFORMATION VIA THIRD PARTY SITES AND APPLICATIONS NOT DIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEBSITE. You may also voluntarily provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Website (such as blogs, forums, message boards, and the like), or transmitted to other users of the Website using “sharing” features (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
- Information Captured with Your Consent. From time to time in the future, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Services and to gather demographic information. We do not collect more Personally Identifiable Information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity on the Website. Please see below for information about our consent functionality for how, when and if the Company activates such data collection, you will opt in to this type of data collection, known as “cookies.”
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information, that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells us about your equipment, browsing actions, the resources that you access and use through the Services, your operating system and browser type. Our third party ad servers will provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon at our Website. The information that we collect automatically is “statistical” in nature. It helps us to deliver a better and more personalized service to users, by enabling us to estimate usage patterns, customize our Services according to your individual preferences, and speed up your searches.
(c) Device Information. When you use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the operating system version, so we know the best application version to provide you with. We do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while using our Services.
2. Where we store data
3. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- If you pay for Services using a credit card, WE PROCESS CREDIT CARDS AND RELATED INFORMATION VIA THIRD PARTY SITES AND APPLICATIONS, NOT DIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
If you are an existing client customer of the Company, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to, or supportive of, those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new client or customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this by demonstrating interest in our Services.
4. Disclosure of your information
5. Updating or correcting your Personally Identifiable Information
You may change or correct any of your Personally Identifiable Information online in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on our Website, or by contacting us at the address, phone number, or email on this website.
6. Canceling your account or deleting Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to cancel your subscription to any of our Services, please contact us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, and to maintain a record of prior customers. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and maintain customer lists and business records. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
7. Choices regarding control of your Personally Identifiable Information
With respect to your communications preferences, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive. If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, you will need to contact us to sign up again. Occasionally we may send out e-mails concerning Website disruptions.
If you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Sunflower Benefits Group (or agents working on behalf of us and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings, and only if you did not later “opt-out” of such offers by contacting us in writing. We do not send unsolicited commercial e-mails (“spam”). We offer commercial e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every e-mail. Please note that we may not include the opt-out information in non-commercial Service e-mails (i.e., e-mails concerning your interest in our Company, the Website, or our content). You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Websites may not work properly in your case.
8. Information related to data collection
In the future, for certain services, Sunflower Benefits Group may collect information under the direction of its clients (e.g., an entity that subscribes to the Services for use by the entity’s personnel). In this respect, the Company will act as a data processor and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personally Identifiable Information it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his or her query to the relevant customer (“Subscriber”) (the data controller). If the Subscriber makes a request to us to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 days. We will retain Personally Identifiable Information we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide our services to our Subscribers and to maintain historical business records and customer lists. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Data security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure third-party servers. WE PROCESS CREDIT CARDS AND RELATED INFORMATION VIA THIRD PARTY SITES AND APPLICATIONS, NOT DIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEBSITES. To make online purchases through these third party sites, you must use an SSL-enabled browser in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while the third party sites and applications we use certainly strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by another third party, beyond the third party we use to process purchases and other functions. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personally Identifiable Information in our control (if any) may have been compromised, we will notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. To the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail and you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer or mobile device (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us.
When you visit a page on our website, we may generate site performance cookies, anonymous analytics cookies, Anonymous Analytics Cookies, anonymous geo-targeting cookies to learn where visitors are located, third-party advertising cookies, session management cookies, and other third-party cookies. These cookies include functionality such as remembering your preferences for tools, recognize you as you navigate the Website, and provide you with customized content. We may also use temporary cookies to gather information about what pages you visit during a browser session.
Some cookies we may use can tell us whether or not you have visited the site before, although we would not be able to use these cookies to identify you as an individual. Rather, we would use them to gather statistics about visits to the Website and certain pages, in the aggregate. This helps us make the Website better because we will better understand popular content.
When we do elect to gather information using cookies, we will likely use Google Analytics to distinguish users, measure website performance, gauge user experience, and develop other kinds of aggregate reporting. You can opt-out of allowing Google Analytics to monitor your activity by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You can find out more about opting out of Google Analytics and find a link to the tool by visiting the Google support page. Google Analytics would be a part of our strategy to deploy persistent, first-party cookies from contracted vendors to recognize you, keep track of site visits, actions, and preferences. We may, in the future, use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
From time to time, we may use third party advertising cookies from contracted vendors that are used for advertising analytics purposes. These cookies perform in a way that is similar to the cookies outlined above, as well as to help determine participants in a particular initiative or campaign or customer segment.
Please note that frequently, the companies that generate third party cookies have their own privacy policies, and we have no access to read or write these cookies. These organizations may use their cookies to anonymously target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to our Website. On some pages of our Website, other organizations may also set their own anonymous cookies. They do this to track the success of their application or to customize the application for you. Our Website cannot access these cookies nor can the other organization access the data in cookies we use on our Website. It is usually possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies or to stop it from accepting cookies from specific websites. You need to manage this through your own web browser and we cannot respond to “do not track” requests because this is a browser function,
You can learn how to disable cookies in your browser by checking out the All About Cookies.org website. Also, you can learn how to “turn off” advertising generated by the use of third party cookies when you check out the Your Online Choices website.
We use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our software on your computer or phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Services, the events that occur within the Website, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the material was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personally Identifiable Information you submit within the Website.
12. Links to third-party sites and advertisers
14. Communities, message boards, and chat rooms
If you choose to voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on communities, message boards, forums, and the like, which may be accessible via the Websites, you should be aware that such information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us. You acknowledge and accept that any submissions to chat rooms or other public areas on the Websites are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want yours or your child’s comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for all activity conducted by you via communities, forums, message boards, chat rooms, etc. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
15. Social media features
16. Contact us